How To Become An Arlington Bail Bondsman

An Arlington bail bondsman is a firm or person who helps provide the money needed for a person to get out of jail.  If you are interested in the job of a bondsman, there is some research you should do.  Learn what the job entails, what it pays, and what training you will require.  Usually, a firm is able to pay 90% of the bail money a defendant needs to make bail.  The other 10% must be met by the defendant.  An additional non-refundable 10% may be taken by you as compensation.

The defendant must sign a legal contract with you declaring some form of collateral. He or she must follow all the stipulations on the contract in order to keep bail.  If any of the stipulations are not met by the defendant, the defendant will return to jail.   If for any reason, your client should try to escape by fleeing the city or country, you are legally permitted to hire bounty hunters to collect your lost money from him or her.  The job of an Arlington bondsman is not fun and games, but it can be a profitable business venture.

In a few states including Oregon and Kentucky, commercial bail bondsmen are banned.  In the state of Texas, however, your job is perfectly legitimate.  Look into the requirements of becoming a bondsman.  You must be at least 18 years old, have a certain amount of land, and identification to get a proper license.  You usually also have to register and be approved by the insurance department because of the large sums of money you stand to lose. You may have to submit a written exam to the department of insurance proving that you know the statutes and laws governing the bail process.  The process varies from state to state, but generally you can get a license to become an Arlington bail bondsman within a few months.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *