If you have just successfully installed your wooden spiral staircase after the delivery of the spiral staircase kit to your home, you might be very excited to step on it as of the moment. However, you have to know that everything does not end simply because you have successfully installed the staircase. In fact, the real challenge has just begun. This challenge is on how you are to keep your staircase strong and be able to withstand the test of time. Thus, the next best thing that you need to know is on how to take care of it. Here are some useful tips you might want to take a look at;
- As much as possible, do not drag heavy objects in the staircase. If you can lift them up, it will be better. Even if the staircase is sturdy, this does not mean that it can withstand any amount of weight. It also has some limitations.
- Check the connections you’ve made from time to time. Given the fact that you have just installed your staircase, it is subject to human error. Thus, from time to time, you have to check it. If you notice some problems, repair it right away.
- Of course, you also have to keep it clean. If you sweep your floor, include your stairs. You can also make it shinier by applying a particular wax for the wood. Just make sure it won’t be slippery.
- If there are some parts that already need replacement, find a replacement right away. This will avoid further accidents to happen.
- Don’t let children play on the staircase. Aside from the fact that they might fall, the staircase can also get easily damaged. Tell them to play somewhere else, but not on the staircase.
If you have successfully maintained all these tips, expect that your staircase will last for even a lifetime!